Document Type : Articles
1 BSc.,Software Engineering, Department of Engineering, Mehriz Branch, Islamic Azad University, Yazd, Iran
2 Ph.D. Candidate of Library and information Science, Department of Library and Information Science, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, and Head of Library and Information Services, Central Library, Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
3 Professor in Knowledge and Information Science Department and Knowledge Management Excellence Center of Shahid Chamran University
Bibliometric, and scientometric approaches are used to provide appropriate tools for evaluating scientific products at local, national, and international levels. Iran, the same as other countries, has many universities and research centers in the field of engineering that Iran's most of the scientific products account for the field of engineering. This study is a descriptive approach using scientometric methods. is The present paper mainly focuses on visualizing the structure of the Iranian scientific publications in the field of engineering indexed in Thomson Reuters (ISI) accessible via WoS during 1939-2011. To draw the historiographical map of Iranian scientific outputs in the field of engineering, this study used HistCiteTM software. Two indexes, Local Citation Score and Global Citation Score, were used for the purpose of ranking and visualizing data. The results showed that the published papers of Iranian researchers in the field of engineering showed fluctuation. The proportion of Iran in the engineering outputs constituted 0.65% of total publications and ranked 24 of the world. Five large clusters have been formed on the LCS index. The subject areas of the clusters were in “Thermodynamics and Chemical engineering”, “N-O Explosives, “liquid membranes”, “Liquid–liquid equilibrium”, and “decolorization”. However, three clusters have been formed on the GCS index. The subject areas of the clusters were in “liquid membranes”, “applied chemistry”, and “Liquid–liquid equilibrium”. Zafarani-Moattar and Sadeghi, and Ganji, played an important role in this map.
- Behzadi, Z. and JowKar A. (2011). Mapping of Iran’s scientific publication and position in the field of library and information Science in the website of web of science during 1994-2009. Research on Information Science and Public Libraries, 17(2), 227-245.
- Fattahi, R., Danesh, F., and Soheili, F. (2011). Scholar production by researchers at Ferdowsi University of Mashhad in Web of Science: an analysis of the global status. Library and Information Research Journal (Studies in Education), 1(1), 175-196.
- Osareh, F. and Keshvari, M. (2010). Visualizing the structure of scientific output of iranian scholars in Science Citation Index (SCI) during 2000-2006. Proceedings of Second International Symposium on Information Management in a Changing World, IMCW 2010, Ankara, Turkey, 200–210.
- Osareh, F. and McCain, K. W. (2008). The structure of iranian chemistry research, 1990-2006: an author co citation analysis. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 59(13), 2146–2155
- Osareh, F. and Wilson, C. S. (2002). Collaboration in Iranian scientific publications. Libri, 52, 88–98.
- Osareh, F. and Zare, A. (2010). A study on scientific product of the University of Tehran in web of science database during 1989-2009. Proceedings of Second International Symposium on Information Management in a Changing World, IMCW 2010, Ankara, Turkey, 211- 221.
- ZareBanadkoki, M. R. and Oliya, M. S. (2010). Iran Scientific position: case study of industrial engineering researches (citation with indexed papers in international scientific database). Iranian Journal of Engineering Education. 13(50), 105-122.