Document Type : Articles
Faculty Member of Medical Library & Information Sciences Department, Bushehr University of Medical Sciences, Bushehr, Iran
Faculty Member of Computer Sciences Department, Islamic Azad University of Bushehr, Bushehr, Iran
BA in Medical Library & Information Sciences Department, Bushehr University of Medical Sciences, Bushehr, Iran
Faculty Member of Nursing Department, Bushehr University of Medical Sciences, Bushehr, Iran
Nursing tacit knowledge is a knowledge that is produced inside the mind of nurses and not saved in any databases. The main challenge of nursing knowledge management is transferring tacit knowledge inside the mind of nurses to the others – especially scholars and researchers. This study evaluates personal, organizational, and technological factors affecting the tacit knowledge transfer among nursing experts. It also assesses the most important ways of tacit knowledge transfer among hospital nurses. This study applied survey method. The population was all nursing experts of Bushehr governmental hospitals nurses which were 480 and finally 215 nurses were selected as the sample. Data collection tool included a researcher-made questionnaire. Descriptive and analytical statistics tests were used. It was revealed that the most important way of tacit knowledge transfer among nursing experts was participating in continuing educational courses. Findings indicated that the most important personal factor affecting tacit knowledge transfer was job security; most important organizational factor was rewards system; and most important technological factor was independent physical environment and educational technologies.
- Alavi, M. and Dorothy, E. L. (2001). Review: Knowledge management and knowledge management systems: conceptual foundations and research issues. MIS Quarterly, 25(1), 107-136.
- Bocouzi, N. (1989). Nurses and the in-service education. Advanced Journal Nursing, 6, 91.
- Department of Health and Medical Edication (1995). Iran Medical Society Continuing Education Act. Nabz, 5, 5-3.
- Dixon, N. M. (2000). Common Knowledge: How Companies Thrive by Sharing What They Know. Boston, MA.: Harvard Business Press.
- Earl, M. (2001). Knowledge management strategies: toward a taxonomy. Journal of Management. Information Systems,18(1), 215-233.
- Ellis, K. (2001). Dare to share: knowledge sharing and management. Training, 38, 74-80.
- Foos, T. and Schum,G.; Rothenberg, S. (2006). Tacit knowledge transfer and the knowledge disconnect. Journal of knowledge management, 10(1), 6-18.
- Gottschalk, P. (2007). Business dynamics in information technology. Hershey, PA: Idea Group Publishing.
- Harlow, H. (2008). The effect of tacit knowledge on firm performance. Journal of knowledge managemen. 12(1), 148-163.
- Hegge, M. (1985). A model for continuing nursing education through self-directed learning. Journal of Continuing Education Nursing, 16 (6), 205-213.
- Jih, W. J.; Chen, C. H. and Chen, A. (2008). Knowledge charestrictics,knowledge aquisation sterategy and results of knowledge management implementations:an emprical study of Taiwanese hospital. Current Issues in Knowledge Management. NewYork: Information science refrence.
- Joia, L. A. and Lemos, B. (2010). Relevant factors for tacit knowledge transfer within organisations. Journal of knowledge management, 14(3), 410-427.
- Keshavarzi, A. H. (2008). Barriers of knowledge sharing in organizations. In: 1 st Iranian Knowledge Management Conference, 2008 Tehran.
- Koskinen, K. U. (2003). Evaluation of tacit knowledge utilization in work units. Journal of knowledge Management, 7(5), 67-81.
- Lelic, S. (2001). Creating a knowledge-sharing culture. Knowledge Management, 4, 6-9.
- Mantzoukas, S. and Jasper, M. (2008). Types of nursing knowledge used to guide care of hospitalized patients. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 62(3), 318–326.
- Mayfield, M. (2010). Tacit knowledge sharing: techniques for putting a powerful tool in practice. Development and learning in organizations, 24(1), 24-26.
- McDermott, R. (2001). Overcoming culture barriers to sharing knowledge. Journal of Knowledge Management, 5(1), 76-85.
- Michailova, S. and Husted, K. (2003). Knowledge-sharing hostility in Russian firms. California Management Review, 45(3), 59-77.
- Mokhtarnia, M.; Zvanfar, A.; Shaaban Ali Fami, N. and Jafarnezhad., H. (2008). An analysis of the relationship between attitudes and skills in application of information technology and knowledge management of agricultural extension experts. Iranian Journal Of Agricultural Sciences, 39(1), 215-225.
- Nan, N. (2008). A principal-agent model for incentive design in knowledge sharing. Journal of Knowledge Management, 12(3), 101-113.
- Nonaka, I. (1994). A dynamic theory of organizational knowledge creation. Organizational Science, 5(1), 14-37.
- Peel, M. and Rowley, J. (2010). Information sharing practice in multi-agency working. Aslib Proceedings: New Information Perspectives, 62(1), 11-28.
- Probst, G.; Raub, S. and Rombahardt, K. (2000). Managing Knowledge, Chichester: John Wiley and Sons
- Rafati Shaldehri, H.; Hosnavi, R.; Behazin, F. and Banitaba, S. (2008). The model of Knowledge Management Process in a Military Research center. Journal of Military Medicine, 10( 3), 237-252.
- Rajaeipoor, S. and Rahimi, H. (2007). Study of the relationship between the changing process of knowledge management and performance of university of Isfahan faculty members. Journal of the faculty of humanities and social sciences, 8(31), 59-76.
- Reis Karimian, F. and Rostami Nejad, A. (2003). Assessment Of Knowledge And Practice Of Nurses In Yasuj Hospitals About Nosocomial Infections. Armaghane-Danesh, Journal Of Yasuj University Of Medical Sciences, 8(31), 49-56.
- Schilegelmilch, B. B. and Chini, T. C. (2003). Knowledge transfer between marketing functions in multinational companies: aconceptual model. Internationa/ Business Review, 12(2), 215-232.
- Shahvali, M. and Lachini, Z. (2007). Management of food security tacit knowledge focusing on agricultural Jihad Headquarter in Fars province of Iran. Roosta Va Towse'e, 10(1), 139-176.
- Shirvani, A.; Safdarian, A. and Alavi, A. (2010). Scale survey of knowledge management's process mastery (Isfahan University of Medical Sciences' Reading Scale). Journal of Health Information Management 6(1), 75-82.
- Tiwana, A. (2002). The Knowledge Management Toolki. Upper Saddle River, NJ.: Prentice-Hall.
- Tsai, M.-T. and Tsai, L.-L. (2005). The critical success factors and impact of prior knowledge to nursing students when transferring nursing knowledge during nursing clinical practise. Journal of Nursing Management, 13(6), 459–466.
- Wasonga, T. A. and Murphy, J. F. (2006). Learning from tacit knowledge:the impact of the internship. International Journal of Educational Management 20(2), 153-163.