Document Type : Articles
School of Biological Sciences, Varamin-Pishva Branch, Islamic Azad University, Varamin, Iran
Institute of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
The goal of this paper is evaluation of published scientific documents of Islamic Azad University (IAU) in WOS from the beginning until Feb. 2013. The method of this study was extracting of all published IAU documents that have been indexed in WOS in all field of Science, Social Science and Art & Humanity. Research findings show that in this period, 18398 scientific documents have been published by IAU that is about 12.42% of Iran’s total published scientific documents from 1956 until the present time. Clustering of the journals based on topic indicated that 22.72% of documents are related to Chemistry, 14.45% related to Engineering Sciences, and 8.92% published in Physics. The increasing number of IAU documents from Jan. 1999 until Feb. 2013 is significant. In 2012, the IAU reached the first position of scientific documents production among all Iranian universities. Most scientific collaborations of IAU in scientific publication have been with US, followed by Malaysia, England, Germany, Turkey, and Australia. More than 4700 IAU documents have been published in 37 journals, 8 of them lack or have a poor peer-review process. At the end, a number of suggestions for increasing quality of IAU’s scientific documents have been offered.
- Moosavi-chalak, A., & Norouzi Chakli, A. (2010). A decade scientific production of Islamic Azad University in ISI between 1999 to 2008. Quarterly Journal of Epistemology,9(3), 89-106.
- Saboury, A. A. (2003a). Research report status of Iran in 2002. Rahyaft,28, 78-95.
- Saboury, A. A. (2003b). Standardizing scientific journals and the criteria for evaluation of ISI. Rahyaft,29, 83-88.
- Saboury, A. A. (2003c). Application of journal impact factor in ISI journals ranking. Rahyaft,30, 72-78.
- Saboury, A. A. (2003d). A survey on science production in 2003. Rahyaft,31, 21-23.
- Saboury, A. A. (2004a). Scientific growth in South Korea. Rahyaft,32, 58-64.
- Saboury, A. A. (2004b). Ranking of science in USA. Rahyaft,33, 49-58.
- Saboury, A. A. (2006). Science production in Iran 2006. Rahyaft,38, 40-45.
- Saboury, A. A. (2007). Iran science production in 2007. Rahyaft,41, 35-40.
- Saboury, A. A. (2008). Iran science production in 2008. Rahyaft,43, 21-31.
- Saboury, A. A. (2009). Documentary production on humanities and social sciences.Pazhuhesh va Hawzeh,36, 95-130.
- Saboury, A. A. (2011a). Iran science production in 2009. Neshae Elm,1 (1), 6-10.
- Saboury, A. A. (2011b). Iran science production in 2010. Neshae Elm,1 (2), 16-23.
- Saboury, A. A. (2012). Iran science production in 2011. Neshae Elm,2 (2), 6-14.
- Saboury, A. A. (2013). Iran Scientific documents in 2012. Neshae Elm,3 (2), 96-103.
- Saboury, A. A., & Poursasan, N. (2005). Science production in 2004. Rahyaft,34, 60-66.
- Saboury, A. A., & Poursasan, N. (2006). Science production in Iran 2005. Rahyaft,37, 49-52.
- Taghizadeh, A., & Vaziri, E. (2010). Scientific production of Islamic Azad University During 1990-2007 according to ISI statistics. Library and Information Science,13 (1), 73-90.