Document Type : Articles
Regional Medical Library, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M. G. R Medical University
This article analyzed the various bibliometric components of the articles published in the Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science from 1996 to 2012. Various quality aspects of the 279 articles published in the period were studied. The study demonstrates and elaborates on the various aspects of the journal, such as its distribution of article by year, authorship patterns, distribution of contributions by institution, subject distributions, citation patterns, length of article, and geographical distributions of authors. Analysis of data reveals that more number of research articles are published from Malaysia followed by India. Bibliometrics / Scientrometrics / Journal Studies and User Studies are leading subject areas have been carried out during this period. The highest number of contributions was published in the year of 2011. The maximum number of articles has been contributed by academic institutions. Citation analysis of 6779 citations includes finding out average number of citations per contribution. The average degree of author collaboration has been arrived at 0.645 during the study period.
- Akhtar, H., & Nishat, F. (2011). A bibliometric analysis of the ‘Chinese Librarianship: An International Electronic Journal, (2006-2010). Chinese Librarianship: An International Electronic Journal. Retrieved from http://www.iclc.us/cliej/cl31HF.pdf.
- Alimi, M., Taslimi, Sh., Ghodsi, M., & Rahimi‑Movaghar, V. (2013). Quality and quantity of research publications by Iranian neurosurgeons: Signs of scientific progress over the past decades. Surgical Neurology International, 4 (38).
- Amsaveni, N., & Vasanthi, R. (2013). Authorship pattern and collaborative research in the field of network security. Indian Journal of Applied Research, 3(1), 52-54.
- Assari, S., & Ahmadyar, M. (2009). Dental research in Iran: A bibliometric analysis of electronically available literature. Interrnational Dental Journal, 59(4), 210-214.
- Bakri, A., & Willett, P. (2008). The Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science-2006: A bibliometric study. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 13(1), 103-116.
- Bardford, S.C. (1934). Source of information on specific subjects. Engineering, 26, 85-86.
- Gross, P.L.K., & Gross, F. M. (1927). College libraries and chemical education. Science, 66, 386-389.
- Hulme, E. W. (1923). Statistical bibliography in relation to the growth of modern civilization. London: Grafton.
- Kamal Lochan, J. (2006). A bibliometric analysis of the journal Indian Journal of Fibre and Textile Research, 1996-2004. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 53(1), 22-30.
- Karisiddappa, C. R., Maheswarappa. B.S., & Shirol, M. V. (1990). Authorship pattern and collaborative research in psychology. IASLIC Bulletin, 35(2), 73-78.
- Mahapatra, R K., & Padmanav, J. (2006) Scientific research productivity on Orissa: A bibliometric analysis. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 53(1), 18-21.
- Mousavi, S., Mansouri, A., & Ahmadvand, A. (2013). A bibliometric study of publication patterns in rational use of medicines in Iran. Pharmacy Practice, 11(1), 38-43.
- Neeraj Kumar, S., Jyoti Sh., & Kaur, N. (2011). Citation analysis of Journal of Documentation. Webology, 8(1), Article 86. Retrieved from http://www.webology.org /2011/v8n1/a86.html.
- Pitchard, A. (1969). Statistical bibliography or bibliometrics. Journal of Documentation, 25 (4), 348-349.
- Pradhan, P., Panda, S., & Chandrakar. J. (2011). Authorship pattern and degree of collaboration in Indian chemistry literature. Presented at 8th International CALIBER - 2011, Goa University, Goa, March 02-04-2011.
- Ramakrishnan, J., & Thavamani, K. (2013). Growth of literature in the field of Hepatitis-C. Library philosophy and Practice, August 2013.
- Ranganathan, S.R. (1969). Library and its scope. DRTC Annual Seminar, 702, 285-301.
- Rashidi, A., Rahimi, B., & Delirrad, M. (2013). Bibliometric analysis of parasitological research in Iran and Turkey: A comparative study. Iran Journal of Parasitol, 8(2), 313–322.
- Rattan, G.K., & Gupta, K. (2012). Bibliometric analysis of Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science: 2007-2011. International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology, 2(4), 307-312.
- Subramanian, K. (1983). Bibliometric studies of research collaboration: A review. Journal of Information Science, 6(1), 33-38.
- Thavamani, K., & Velmurugan, C. (2013) Authorship pattern and collaborative research work in Annals of Library and Information Studies. Proceedings of the National Conference on Next Generation Library Services, SALIS 2013 – NGLIS August 16-17, 2013, Chennai.
- Tiew, W. S., Abdullah A., & Kaur K. (2002). Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science 1996-2000: A bibliometric study. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 6(2), 43-56.
- Verma, N., Tamrakar, R., & Sharma, P. (2007). Analysis of contributions in 'Annals of Library and Information Studies'. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 54(2), 106-111.
- Vimala, V., & Pulla Reddy, V. (2009). Authorship pattern and collaborative research in the field of Zoology. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 1(2), 43-50.
- Warraich, N. F., & Ahmad, S. (2011). Pakistan Journal of Library and Information Science: A bibliometric analysis. Pakistan Journal of Library & Information Science, 12, 1-7.
- Zafrunnisha, N., & Pulla Reddy, V. (2009) Authorship pattern and degree of collaboration in psychology. Annals of Library and Information Studies, 17(1), 255-261.