Document Type : Articles
Razi University, Iran Department of Information Sciences
Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz, Iran Department of Information Sciences
This paper presents the results of a bibliometric analysis of the Medical Sciences (MS) domains in Iran. Totally 9047 articles indexed in ISI (Thomson Reuters Database) from 1989 to 2008 in December 2008 have been extracted. HistCiteTM applications are used to discover the Iranian publication status during this period. The publication count has grown at an approximate rate of 40.5% per year. We tried to introduce the most productive authors, and cited works. Moreover, distributions of output in journals identified by ISI and research output analysis of different universities were presented. The most influential cited authors and articles in this research were drawn. Finally, the process of the evolution of the medical sciences discipline, and its shift over the period of the research was traced and shown in the map. Using HistCiteTM applications, retrieved articles were analyzed and visualized.
- Ashrafi, F., Mohammadhassanzadeh, H., Shokraneh, F., Valinejadi, A., Johari, K., Saemi, N., & Ashayeri, H. (2012). Iranians’ contribution to world literature on neuroscience. Health Information & Libraries Journal. Doi: 10.1111/j.1471-1842.2012.00989.x
- Balasubramani, R., & Murugan, C. (2011). Mapping of Tapioca (Sago) research in India: A scientometric analysis. Library Philosophy and Practice. Retrieved from http://unllib.unl.edu/LPP/
- Baradar, R., Tajdaran, M., Musavi, S.M., & Abedi, H. (2009). Mapping the Iranian ISI papers on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology: A citation analysis approach. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 14(3), 95-107.
- Garfield, E. (1980). The epidemiology of knowledge and the spread of scientific information. Essays of an Information Scientist, 4, 586-591.
- Garfield, E., & Welljams-Dorof, A. (1992). Citation data: Their use as quantitative indicators for science and technology evaluation and policy-making. Science & Public Policy, 19(5), 321-327.
- Garfield, E., Paris, S., & Stock, W.G. (2006). HistCiteTM: A software tool for informetric analysis of citation linkage. Information Wissenschaft & Praxis, 57(8), 391-400.
- Hamidi, A., Asnafi, A.R., & Osareh, F. (2008). Analytical study and describing structure of scientific publication in bibliometrics, scientometrics, informetrics, and webometrics on web of science during 1990-2005. Library & Information Science, 2 (11), 161-182.
- Hasanzadeh Esfanjani, M., Valinejadi, A., Naghipour, M., Farshid, P., Bakhtyarzadeh, A., & Bouraghi, H. (2010). A scientometric overview of 30 years (1978-2007) of medical sciences productivity in Iran. Medical Sciences Journal of Islamic Azad University, 20(3), 212-220.
- King, D.A. (2004). The scientific impact of nations: What different countries get for their research spending. Nature,430, 311-316.
- Malekahmadi, M. R., Moazen, B., Khoshdel, A., Rahimzadeh, F., Moghani Lankarani, M., Assari, S. (2011). Iranian research output in pediatrics: 1975-2007. Journal of Research Medical Science, 16(12), 1605-1611.
- Malekzadeh, R., Mokri, A., & Azarmina, P. (2001). Medical science and research in Iran. Arch Iran Med, 4(1), 27-39.
- Moin, M., Mahmoudi, M., & Rezaei, N. (2005).Scientific output of Iran at the threshold of the 21st century. Scientometrics, 62(2), 239-248.
- Nedjat, S., Majdzadeh, R., Gholami, J., Nedjat, S., Maleki, K., Qorbani, M., Ashoorkhani, M. (2008). Knowledge transfer in Tehran University of Medical Sciences: An academic example of a developing country. Implementation Science, 3(39). Retrived from http://www.implementationscience.com/content/3/1/39
- Osareh, F., & Bajji, F. (2009). Scientific productions of Iranian effective authors in the field of social sciences in Web of Science database in the period 1990-2006. Studies in Library, 1-16(2), 5-28.
- Osareh, F., & Keshvari, M. (2010). Visualizing the structure of scientific output of Iranian scholars in Science Citation Index (SCI) during 2000-2006. Technological Convergence and Social Networks in Information Management, 96, 200-210.
- Swaminathan, M., Phillips-Bute, B.G., Grichnik, K.P. (2007). A bibliometric analysis of global clinical research by anesthesia departments. International Anesthesia Research Society, 105(6), 1741–1746.