Document Type : Articles
1 Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz Department of Information Sciences
2 Alzahra University Department of Information Sciences
3 Shahid Beheshti University Department of Information Sciences
If archival centers organize archival resources on the basis of safe and global archivalstandards, then they will be useful for scholars. Bibliographic relations are important and essential in organizing and managing of archives. These relations are predicted for books in libraries by UNIMARC and IRANMARC. So, current research has studied on capabilities of UNIMARC and IRANMARC for management of archival materials. Findings revealed that on the basis of Specialists' viewpoints basically UNIMARC and IRANMARC did not focus on hierarchical rules for archival materials. It seems that although UNIMARC is comprehensive for organizing library materials, it cannot provide necessary details for description, identification and classification of all complex relations in archival collections.
- Hopkinson, A. (2006). Future prospects for UNIMARC. Paper presented at Sofia 2006, Bulgaria. Retrieved from https://eprints.mdx.ac.uk/3985/
- Kokabi, M.(1994). Development of a Machine-readable Cataloguing (MARC) Format for Iran (PhD. Dissertation). School of Information Library and Archive Studies, The University of New South Wales.
- Kokabi, M.(1996). Is the future of MARC assured? Library Review, 45(2), 68-72.
- Sibille, C. (2010). Archives of France, Secretary of the ICA Committee on Best Practices and Standards. Overview of projects of conceptual model development for archival description. Paper presented at workshop on Conceptual Modelling for Archives, Libraries and Museums. Helsinki, Finland. Retrieved from http://www.cidoccrm.org%2Fworkshops%2Ffinland_helsinki_20102801%2FN14_2 9Jan2010%2520Archival- models.ppt (Accessed August 18, 2010).
- Stockting, B.(2008, August). EAD: The UK Experience. EAD@10: A symposium celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Encoded Archival Description, San Francisco. Retrieved from www.archivists.org/publications/.../EAD@10/Kiesling-EAD@10.pdf. (Accessed August 10, 2009).
- UNIMARC Manual: Bibliographic Format )1994(. IFLA universal bibliographic control and international MARC core programme (UBCIM), International Federation of Library Association and Institutions. Retrieved from http://archive.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/uni4.htm (Accessed 10 September 2011)
- Weber, L. B. (1990). Record formatting: MARC AMC. Technology Review, 98, 43-53.