Document Type : Articles
Dept. of Lib. & Inf. Science Mizoram University (A Central University) Aizawl- 796004, india
Recognized as the realistic value and hub center of learning, libraries since their primitive stage of establishment have been imparting services in teaching, learning and research. Induction of ICT in library precipitated to a change in knowledge acquisition, organization, dissemination, representation and preservation. Further, the espousal of technology precipitated many new form of learning procedures. All the developments in libraries centre round to impart services to the users. The paper focuses the pertinent issues relating to the use of library resources by the users and services imparted by the central universities of North East, India.
- Agee, J. (2005), Collection evaluation: a foundation for collection development, Collection Building, Vol. 24, No. 3, 92-95.
- Annual Report (2010-11). Assam University. Retrieved from www.assamuniversity.ac.in, (Accessed on 16.5.2011)
- Annual Report (2010-11). Nagaland University. Retrieved from www.nagalanduniv.ac.in, (Accessed on 16.5.2011)
- Annual Report (2010-11). Rajiv Gandhi University, Arunachal Pradesh.
- Annual Report (2010-11). Tripura University, Retrieved from www.tripurauniv.in, (Accessed on 23.5.2011)
- Annual Report (2010-2011). Mizoram University; Aizawl Central Library, Tezpur University. Retrieved from http.//www.tezu.ernet.in/Library/index.htm (Accessed on 23.5.11)
- Chopra, H. R. & Banerjee, S. (2005). Utilization of library and information services of public libraries in Punjab: A case study, Indian Journal of Library and Information Science, 30 (1-2), 29-44.
- Dinkins, D. (2003). Circulation as Assessment: Collection development policies evaluated in terms of circulation at a small academic library, college & research libraries, 64 (1),
- Edward, E. G. (2005). Developing Library and Information Center Collections, 4th ed. Library and Information Science Text Series. Libraries Unlimited; Wesport.
- Geoffrey, L. (2011). Collection development in library and information science at ARL libraries, Collection Building. 30 (3), 135-139.
- Knievel, J., Wicht, E. & Cannaway, L. (2006). Use of Circulation Statistics and Interlibrary Loan Data in Collection Management, College & Research Libraries, 67(1), 35-49, Available at http://crl.acrl.org/ (Accessed on 9.9.14)
- Korobil, S., Tilikidou, I. & Delistavrou, B. (2006). A. Factors that influence the use of library resources by faculty members, Library Review, 55 (2), 91-105.
- National Knowledge Commission. (2007). Libraries Gateway to Knowledge. Retrieved from http.//www.knowledgecommission.gov.in/downloads/documents/NKC_Library.pdf (Accessed on 23.5.12)
- Osagie, O. (2008). Faculty Opinion as Collection Evaluation Method: a Case study of Redeemer's university library, Library Philosophy & Practice, Available at http://unlib. unl.edu/LPP/ (Accessed on 10.9.14).
- Sangamesh, B. (2006). Use of Information Sources by the users of Public Library: A Survey, Indian Journal of Information Library and Society, 19(3-4), 195-205.
- Tyagi, S. (2011), Use of information sources and services in Delhi Public Library (DPL): A survey, Library Philosophy and Practice, Available at http://unlib.unl.edu/LPP/ (Accessed on 10.9.14).