Document Type : Articles
Assistant Professor, Department of Knowledge and Information Science University of Tabriz, Iran
The aim of the research is mapping the intellectual structure of knowledge management subject area to explore more its past and present. This Scientometric research has been done by author co-citation analysis of KM during time span of 1990-2014. We also used new social network indicators to understand the field better. The findings showed that different specialties can be recognized in the KM field. Half of the specialties are interrelated which shows the interdisciplinary nature of the KM fields. The results also showed that the impact of works written by Davenport, Polanyi and Brown with 928, 650 and 513 citation is more than other core authors of the field, and the stability of Drucker, Schon, Nelson, and Polanyi Theories with 36, 29, 26 and 25 citation half-life is more than other theories.
- Chen, C. (2006). CiteSpace II: Detecting and Visualizing Emerging Trends. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 57(3), 359–377. doi:10.1002/asi
- Chen, C.; Chen, Y.; Horowitz, M.; Hou, H.; Liu, Z. & Pellegrino, D. (2009). Towards an explanatory and computational theory of scientific discovery. Journal of Infometrics, 3(3), 191–209.
- Chen, C., & Ibekwe-sanjuan, F. (2010). The Structure and Dynamics of Co-citation Clusters: A Multiple-Perspective Co-citation Analysis. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 61(7), 1386–1409. doi:10.1002/asi
- Newman, M. E. J. (2006). Modularity and community structure in networks. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 103(23), 8577-8582.
- Rousseeuw, P. (1987). Silhouettes: a graphical aid to the interpretation and validation of cluster analysis. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 20(1), 53–65.
- Shibata, N., Kajikawa, Y. & Matsushima, K. (2007). Topological analysis of citation networks to discover the future core articles. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 58(6), 872-882.
- White, H. D. & Griffith, B. C. (1981). Author co-citation: A literature measure of intellectual structure. Journal of the American Society for Information Science, 32(3), 163-171. doi: 10.1002/asi.4630320302.