Document Type : Articles
1 M.Sc. in Knowledge and Information Sciences, Executive Manager & Editor of Iran Surface Coating Magazine
2 Assistant Professor, Agricultural Research, Education and Extension Organization (AREEO).
Success of an organization, more than anything else, depends on the human resources. Behavioral science emphasizes that organizational success mainly depends on efficient use of human resources. It is especially true in organizations such as libraries. To promote “positive thinking” ” among the staff of libraries and information centers, training courses should be arranged. To improve librarians' efficiency, these training courses should be held within the framework of an overall continuous program. In this research, the degree of “positive thinking” of librarians in 13 central university libraries affiliated to the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology (MSRT) in Tehran was assessed. Using random stratified sampling and random digits’ table, 144 employees were selected from among the total 218 employees working in these libraries as sample population. An author made checklist, which was based on Ingram and Wisnicki’s 5-factor questionnaire and consisted of 30 items, was applied as data-gathering tool. Descriptive survey was applied and the results showed the average values for positive daily functioning, positive self-evaluation, others evaluation of self, positive future expectations, and self-confidence were 3.737, 3.833, 3.965, 3.94, and 3,555 respectively. Among the five options of always, often, limited, sometimes and never, which are five options of Liker’s questionnaire, the tendency was toward choosing either often or always.
- Boelen, P. A. (2007). Psychometric Properties of the Dutch version of the Automatic Thought Questionnaire - Positive (ATQ - P), Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, 36 (1), 23- 33.
- Caprara, G. V., Steca, P., Gerbino, M., Paciello, M., & Vecchio, G. M. (2006). Looking for adolescents' well-being: self-efficacy beliefs as determinants of positive thinking and happiness. Epidemiology and Psychiatric Sciences, 15 (1) 30 – 43.
- Eldro, L., & Paul, R. (2009). Andishe behtar zendegi behtar dar 25 gam (In Persian) [Better Thinking, Better Life in 25 Steps], translated into Farsi by Mehran and Hirmanpour. Esfahan: Hirmanpour publications.
- Faqihi, S. (2008). A Study on the Effects of Positive Thinking on Job Satisfaction at Sabzevar Auto-Making Factory. Master thesis in professional consultancy, Allameh Tabatabai University, Tehran, Iran. [In Persian].
- Furlong, M., P. S., & Oei, T. (2002). Changes to Automatic Thoughts and Dysfunctional Attitudes in Group CBT for Depression. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 30 (3), 351 – 360.
- Gordeeva, T. O., & Osin E. N. (2010). Positive thinking as a factor of academic achievement in senior school students. [Available at: googel scholar ]. Accessed: 12 may 2011.
- Heydarialinazari, R. (2008). The Effects of Positive Group Thinking Training on Students' Coping in 2007-2008 Educational Year. Master thesis in school consultancy, Allameh Tabatabai University, psychology and educational science faculty, Tehran, Iran. [In Persian].
- Ingram, R. E., & Wisnicki, K. S. (1988). Assessment of Positive Automatic Cognition, San Diego State University. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 56 (6), 898-902.
- Mousavi, Q., Erfanifard, D., Dehqani, Q., & Ebrahimi, A. (2007). Monotheist Attitude and Depression Prevention. Tahqiqat-e Olum-e Raftari, 5 (2) doi:http:// magiran.com, last visited 22 August 2011.
- Mousavinasab, M., & Taqavi, M. (2011). Optimism-Pessimism, Evaluation of Stress and Countering Strategies: Psychological Coping Prediction Among Youth. Master thesis, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran. [In Persian].
- Quiliam, S. (2007). Mosbat andishi va mosbat geraee karbordi (In Persian) [Practical Positive Thinking and Positive-Orientation], translated in to Farsi by Farideh and Sadeqi. Tehran: Javanehroshd publication.
- Vakili, M. (2008). The Effects of Positive Group Thinking Training on the Level of Students' Coping Skills, Master thesis, Allameh Tabatabai, psychology and educational science faculty, Tehran, Iran. [In Persian].
- Ventrella, S. (2008). Ghodrate jadooee tafakoor mosbat: dah dastorolamal baraye kasbe behtarin natije dar kar va zendegi [Magic Power of Positive Thinking, Ten Instructions for Obtaining the Best Results in Work and Life], translated by Samaeh Shadman, Marandiz. Tehran: Marandiz.
- What is Positive Thinking (2016). What is how to info. http://www.whatishowtoinfo .com/what-is-positive-thinking/. Last visited: 4/14/2016.