Document Type : Articles
1 Associate Prof. in Knowledge & Information Science. Regional Information Center for Science and Technology, RICeST, Iran
2 M.S. in Computer Engineering, Senior expert staff of network engineer, RICeST, Iran
3 Assistant Prof. in Computer Engineering RICeST, Iran
The Digital Object Recognizer (DOR) is a system for identifying Persian digital objects on the web. DOR is a unique alphanumeric string assigned by Regional Information Center for Science and Technology (RICeST) to any entity to identify content and provide a persistent link to its location on the Internet digital networks. The paper describes the construction and functions of the DOR system for Persian articles and then introduces and outlines the underlying architecture regarding DOR system. The study concluded that using DOR will enable Iranian journal publishers assign it to both print and electronic journal articles; finally enumerated the benefits of DOI for stakeholders in the scholarly communication process. DOR: 98.1000/2142-1735.2017.15.135.0.2.68.115
- APA Style (2016). Electronic Sources and Locator Information. Retrieved from http://www.apastyle.org/manual/related/electronic-sources.pdf
- Chandrakar, R. (2006). Digital object identifier system: An overview. The Electronic Library, 24(4), 445-452.
- Digital Object Identifier, DOI (2016). Retrieved from www.doi.org (June 15, 2016).
- Tiliute, D. E. (2016). Digital object identifier for a better image of scholar journals. USV Annals of Economics & Public Administration, 16.
- USGS (2014). Digital Object Identifiers (DOI) Usage and Adoption in U. S. Geological Survey. Retrieved from https://www2.usgs.gov/datamanagement /files/DOI-DCC.pdf
- Wang, J. (2007). Digital object identifiers and their use in libraries. Serials Review, 33(3), 161-164