Document Type : Articles
1 Research Scholar and Department of Library and Information Science, Periyar University, Salem- 636 011, Tamilnadu, India
2 Associate Professor Department of Library and Information Science, Periyar University, Salem- 636 011, Tamilnadu, India
This study investigate the observations of research publications in the field of Phytochemistry in India as reflected from the Web of Science (WoS) core collection database during 1994-2014. As per the database, a total 1280 scholarly publications with 1216 citations and 2083 cited references were found and have retrieved in worldwide and from India, 121 research outputs with 1446 citations and 473 authors and the cited references are 8732 were collected in the time span of 21 years. This paper discusses the various types of Phytochemistry publications such as articles, reviews, article based proceedings papers, correction and editorial materials. This paper deals with in terms of authorship pattern, single vs. joint - authored research publications, International collaboration, Institution based collaboration, subject based categories, most cited references, ranking of core journals, highly cited authors, papers and productive keywords. This paper highlights different parameters in terms of evaluation such as h-index, g-index, e-index, hc-index, HI-index, HI-norm, HI-annual, hm-index, AW-index, AWCR, and AWCRpA.
- Aswathy, S., & Gopikuttan, A. (2012). Journal of spacecraft and Rockets: A scientometric analysis. SRELS Journal of Information Management, 49(6), 671-682.
- Karaulova, M., et al. (2014). Nanotechnology research and innovation in Russia: A bibliometric analysis, Retrieved from http://papers.ssrn.com/abstract=2521012.
- Liang Z, et al. (2015). Worldwide Research Productivity in the Field of Arthroscopy: A bibliometric analysis. Arthroscopy, 31(8), 1452-1457. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro. 2015.03.009.
- Mallik, A., & Nripendranath M. (2014). Bibliometric analysis of global publication output and collaboration structure study in mircoRNA research, Scientometrics, 98(3), 2011-2037.
- Phillipson, J. D. (2001). Phytochemistry and medicinal plants, Phytochemistry, 56:237-243, Retrieved from www.elsevier.com/locate/phytochem.
- Phytochemistry, Retrieved from http://www.yourdictionary.com/phytochemistry.
- Phytochemistry, Retrieved from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ phytochemistry.
- Phytochemistry, Retrieved from http://www.wordfind.com/word/phytochemistry.
- Phytochemistry, Retrieved from http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/ phytochemistry.
- Pritchard, A. (1989). Statistical Bibliography on Bibliometrics. Journal of Documentation, 25, 348-49.
- Publish or perish, Retrieved from http://www.harzing.com.
- Shao, H., et al. (2013). Analysis of oncology research from 2001-2012: A scientometric perspective. Oncology reports, 29(4), 1441-1452.
- Subramanyam, K. (1983). Bibliometric study of research collaboration: A review. Journal of Information Science, 6 (1), 33-38.
- Velmurugan, C., & Radhakrishnan, N. (2015). A Scientometric Analysis of Research Papers Published on Pharmacognosy as reflected in the Web of Science. Advances in Pharmacognosy and Phytomedicine, 1(1), 27-40.
- Velmurugan, C., & Radhakrishnan, N. (2015). Authorship trends and collaborative research work on library herald: A scientometric analysis. In Information Science and Digital Libraries (Somvir, S. Ed., pp. 173-186). Delhi: International Research Publication House.
- Velmurugan, C. (2014). Research trends in journal of intellectual property rights (jipr): A bibliometric study. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal), Paper 1043. Retrieved from http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/1043.
- Yu, J.J. et al. (2012). A bibliometric analysis of research papers published on photosynthesis. Photosynthetica, 50(1), 5-14.
- Zyoud S. H., Al-Jabi S. W., & Sweileh W. M. (2015). Worldwide research productivity of paracetamol (acetaminophen) poisoning: A bibliometric analysis (2003-2012). Human & Experimental Toxicology. 34(1), 12-23. doi: 10.1177/0960327114531993.