Document Type : Articles
Ph.D. candidate in Knowledge and Information Sciences, Islamic Azad University, Hamadan Branch, Iran and Public Libraries Foundation, Director of Fars Branch
Associate Prof., Department of Knowledge and Information Science, Islamic Azad University, Hamadan Branch, Iran
Assistant Prof., Department of Knowledge and Information Science, Islamic Azad University, Hamedan Branch, Iran and Public Libraries Foundation, Director of Hamadan Branch
This study tries to investigate the rate of meeting goals of Public Libraries 2025 Vision and compare this situation in 2025 with that of in 2010 and 2015. So, different situations in three different years, namely, 2010, 2015, and 2025 have been compared by taking into account the indicators regarding 2025 vision document using related data taken from public libraries in each province separately. The findings show that the current situation of the five indicators studied in 2025 has significant difference compared with that of in 2015. Also a comparison between the current situation in 2015 and a past one in 2010 shows a significant difference and an increase in them in terms of three indicators, space, resources and employee. It should be mentioned that there are not a significant difference between these two years, 2010 and 2015, regarding two indicators, book borrowing and membership.
- Ahn, I. (2012). The specification of science education programs in the local public library: Focusing on the programs in G-city. International Journal of Knowledge Content Development and Technology, 2(1), 17–35.
- Atashak, M. (2014). Assessment of education for all in the countries mentioned in the vision of the Islamic Republic of Iran in 2025. House and strategy, 21(77), 141-165. [in Persian]
- Clark M (2012) Becoming public: Library design and the creation of public space. Dalhousie Journal of Interdisciplinary Management, 8, 1-13.
- Dictionary. com (2018 ) Retrieved from http://www. dictionary. com/browse/public-library
- Ehksson, M. (2008). Different perspectives on the same environment - A study of the environmental scanning at Stockholm public library and the bookstore akademibokhandeln. Library and Information Science Research, 75–87.
- Hansen, J. H. & Sorensen, A. (2011). The open library system - Re-invented, implemented and working. LIBER Quarterly, 20(3-4), 307–320.
- Isfandyari-moghaddam A & Saberi M (2014). Compare the situation of public libraries in the province with visions of public library in the horizon of 2025. Research and information Science and public library, 20(4), 659-643. [in Persian]
- Jussani, A. C., de Castro Krakauer, P. V. & Polo, E. F. (2010). Reflections on blue ocean strategy: A comparison with Ansoff’s, Porter’s, and Hax and Wilde’s strategies. Future Studies Research Journal: Trends and Strategies, 2(2), 17–37.
- Khashei, V. (2014). Exploring the Vision and Strategic Control Model for Public Libraries. Research and Information Science and Public Library, 20(1), 31-51.[in Persion]
- Khashei, V. & Hosseini, M. (2012). An introduction to strategic control: a case study of the strategic perspective of the Iran public libraries foundation. Research and information Science and public library, 18(2), 217-240. [in Persian]
- Koizumi, M. (2014). Transitions in public library management: from the international perspective of strategy, organizational structure, and operations. Journal of Library Administration, 54(8), 659-690.
- Public libraries foundation (n. d.). History of Iranian public libraries Retrieved from http://www. Iranpl.ir/Portal/home/?249313. [in Persian}
- Public libraries foundation, (2010). Visions component of the public libraries foundation in Horizon 2025. Retrieved from http://www.iranpl.ir [in Persion]
- Schwirtlich, A. (2010). Public libraries and change: A perspective from Victoria. Australasian Public Libraries and Information Services, 23(1), 22-28.