Document Type : Articles
1 Ph.D. Candidate in Business Management, Faculty of Management, Yazd Branch, Islamic Azad University, Yazd, Iran
2 Associate Professor, Department of Business Management, Yazd Branch, Islamic Azad University, Yazd, Iran
3 Associate Prof, Design and Clothing Department, Yazd Branch, Islamic Azad University, Yazd, Iran
4 Assistant Prof, Business Management, Faculty of Management, Yazd Branch, Islamic Azad University, Yazd, Iran
Fashion branding is decisive to create a distinctive image of a product. It is more important in the fashion apparel industry. Despite the existing studies, there is a need for a comprehensive investigation that can accurately portray the realities regarding fashion branding. In this regard, to provide a complete image and a deep understanding of the state of research in this field, the visualization technique of scientific networks was used. The research population consisted of all articles indexed on the Web of Science (WoS) database using the keywords such as "branding" and "fashion" from 1900 to 2019. The data was collected via a systematic review and analyzed by VOSviewer software. The research results included the data on identifying top scientific researchers and most influential countries; analyzing the relationships among researchers and countries, identifying keyword occurrences; and identifying research hotspots and subjects on which little research had been done. 1679 researchers, 64 countries, and 2522 keywords were obtained from 906 articles in total. This research seeks to explore and present emerging research topics. The research new insights and instruments emphasize the intellectual paradigm governing branding in international research for managers and owners of the fashion apparel industry. The intellectual paradigm investigated in this study by providing a comprehensive image of research conducted over the past thirty years in the field of fashion branding guides researchers to select research fields, keywords and also cite international articles and thus make Iranian research outputs more valuable. Managers of the fashion and clothing industry are also advised to use the fashion branding intellectual paradigm, which has been studied in detail in this research, in order to gain a comprehensive insight into the research background and scientific management of their brand.
- Amir Hossein Mardani, Elham Mardani, (2016). Social Network Analysis of the Co-authorship Network in the Scientific Articles of Information Systems, Journal of Information Technology Management, 7(25), 909-930. magiran.com/p1484648 [Persian]
- Baker, M. J., & Baker, M. J. (2003). The marketing book (Vol. 195): Butterworth-Heinemann Oxford.
- Bridson, K., & Evans, J. (2004). The secret to a fashion advantage is brand orientation. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management, 32(8), 403-411.
- Carpenter, J. M., & Fairhurst, A. (2005). Consumer shopping value, satisfaction, and loyalty for retail apparel brands. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal.
- Choi, T.-M. (2017). Pricing and branding for remanufactured fashion products. Journal of cleaner production, 165, 1385-1394.
- De Chernatony, L., & McDonald, M. (1994). Creating Powerful Brands, ButterworthHeinemann. In: Oxford.
- Dr Rahim Alijani , (2018). Drawing the Scientometric Map of Scientific Field of Surgery using VOS Viewer Software, Iranian Journal of Surgery, 25(4), 47. magiran.com/p1818389 [Persian]
- Fernandez Hidalgo, C., Mikano, L., & Vermeersch, T. (2016). The Effect of Co-Branding on the Fashion Luxury Consumer’s Brand Equity: Comparison between the Generations Y and X. In.
- Ion, E. (2018). Brand building for small and medium sized companies. (Masters Thesis). University of Oulu. Retrieved from http://urn.fi/URN:NBN:fi:oulu-201810052882
- Jelinek, J.-S. (2018). Art as strategic branding tool for luxury fashion brands. Journal of product & brand management.
- Kapferer, J.-N. (2008). The new strategic brand management: Creating and sustaining brand equity long term: Kogan Page Publishers.
- Keller, K. (2013). Strategic brand management: Global edition: Pearson Higher Ed.
- Khasseh A A, Soosaraei M, Fakhar M. Cluster Analysis and Mapping of Iranian Researchers in the Field of Parasitology:With an Emphasis on the Co-authoreship Indicators and H Index. Iran J Med Microbiol. 2016; 10 (2) :63-74 [Persian]
- Kim, P. (2015). A New Approach to Co-branding: Visual Artist and Fashion Retailer Ingredient Branding and Hedonic Brand Extension. The Ohio State University,
- Kim, Y.-K., & Sullivan, P. (2019). Emotional branding speaks to consumers’ heart: The case of fashion brands. Fashion and Textiles, 6(1), 1-16.
- Koivisto, E., & Mattila, P. (2018). International fashion trade shows as platforms for experiential branding. Journal of Global Fashion Marketing, 9(2), 161-178.
- McColl, J., & Moore, C. (2011). An exploration of fashion retailer own brand strategies. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal.
- Nia, A., & Zaichkowsky, J. L. (2000). Do counterfeits devalue the ownership of luxury brands? Journal of product & brand management.
- Noh, M., Li, M., Martin, K., & Purpura, J. (2015). College men’s fashion: Clothing preference, identity, and avoidance. Fashion and Textiles, 2(1), 27.
- Otley, P. (2016, March 23). Can you feel it? Why brands must focus on emotional connection. Digital Pulse. http://www. digit alpul se.pwc.com/au/brand ed‑conte nt‑emoti onal‑conne ction /.
- Rahman, M. S., Hossain, M. A., Rushan, M. R. I., Hoque, M. T., & Hassan, H. (2020). Conceptualising online fashion brand recognition: scale development and validation. Spanish Journal of Marketing-ESIC.
- Rashid, A. (2017). The impact of country of origin on retail and wholesale brands in the UK fashion industry. The University of Manchester (United Kingdom),
- Ruzinskaite, J. (2015). Place Branding: The Need for an Evaluative Framework. University of Huddersfield,
- Salti, R. (2017). Ethical Fashion Branding: Multiple Case Studies of Mission Statements and Fashion Films. In.
- Shen, B., Choi, T.-M., & Chow, P.-S. (2017). Brand loyalties in designer luxury and fast fashion co-branding alliances. Journal of Business Research, 81, 173-180.
- Thomas, E. M. (2014). BRANDING IN SUSTAINABLE APPAREL COMPANIES: A STUDY ON THE BRANDING STRATEGIES ADOPTED BY SMALL-BUSINESS APPAREL COMPANIES THAT PRACTICE SUSTAINABILITY IN CANADA. Ryerson University Toronto.