Document Type : Articles
Hamadan University of Medical Sciences, Hamadan, Iran
Intellectual property is necessary in the flourish of research, development, and science as well as technology promotion in the new Internet and digital spaces. The key purpose of the protection of intellectual property is to prevent abuse and plagiarism, to encourage scientists and authors to conduct scientific research and literary activities, and to make their results accessible to the scientific community. Compliance with the codes of ethics, intellection, and human rights are the reason for the application of the laws of intellectual property rights at the national and international levels. The present study is an applied-exploratory study and a quantitative-qualitative research. The researcher-made questionnaire (content analysis and Delphi panel) consists of five main components (publisher, author, publications, subject, and commercialization) and 63 questions. Questionnaires were sent to the statistical population of the study, which was all the open access medical journals. About 611 completed questionnaires were entered into spss24 software. Validity and reliability, exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis and finally presentation of the model with PLS software were examined on the questionnaires. As can be seen from the findings, Cronbach’s alpha values, composite reliability, and average variance are statistically acceptable. In addition, the Cronbach’s alpha coefficient for most factors is greater than 0.7. Therefore, it is inferred that the variables have acceptable reliability. The AVE value is calculated for the components, with almost all variables having an acceptable convergent validity. The results show that there is a significant difference between the components. Considering the obtained results, it can be concluded that there is a relationship between the factors and intellectual property of journals. The quality indicators of the model confirmed this correlation as well. Finally, the results show that the questionnaire can be used with open access medical journals to examine intellectual property.
- Khalili, Leila. (2015). "Obstacles to Publishing in Free Access Publications from the Perspective of Medical Researchers." Health Information Management 12 (4): 435-444.
- Saeedi, S. (2013) A Study of Factors Affecting Violations of the Copyright Act by Internet Users.
- ”Journal of Ethics in Science and Technology 2 (8).
- Soltanifar, Mohammad (2011). Copyright in the Electronic World. "Media Studies 6: 41-62.
- Safiri, Khadijeh (2009). Qualitative Research Method, Tehran: Pouya Publishing.
- Rostami, Sohrab (2015). "Study of copyright in the digital environment." Rah-e Noor 63 (8).
- Sadeghi, Hossein (2014). Protection of Copyright in Cyberspace in National Law and International Documents, Quarterly Journal of Judicial Rights Perspectives 65, 6-37
- I'm honored. M (2014). "Intellectual Property Rights Mechanisms in Removing Barriers to Clean Technology Transfer." Sustainability, Development and the Environment, 13 (1).
- Bayry, J. (2013). Journals: Open - access boom in developing nations. Nature
- Björk, B.-C. (2018). "Is Open Access the future of scholarly journal publishing." The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles 6(25).
- Khadkhodaei, A. (2003). "Open access to information: Barriers and necessities." Media 55: 42-51.
- Laakso, M. and B.-C. Björk (2016). "Hybrid open access—a longitudinal study." Journal of informetrics .
- Rowley, J., et al. (2017). "Academics' behaviors and attitudes towards open access publishing in scholarly journals." Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 68(5): 1201-1211.
- Sahoo, Jyotshna; Mohanty, Basudev; and sAHOO, Lilima Priyadarshini Ms. ( 2017). "INDIAN CONTRIBUTION TO OPEN ACCESS SCHOLARLY PUBLISHING IN DOAJ". Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 1567 .
- Sapp, Heather. A, (2005). North American Anti-Circumvention: Implementation of the WIPO Internet Treaties in the United States, Mexico and Canada, Computer Law Review and Technology Journal,Vol. X.
- Scott, Marrianne. (1996). "Library-publishers relation in the next millennium: the library perspective". IFLA Journal, No.22
- Stenson, L. (2011). The development of directory of open access journals. SCIECOMinfo: Nordic-Baltic Forum for Scientific Communication. 7(1). Retrieved February 3, 2014, from http://journals.lub.lu.se/index.php/sciecominfo/article/view/4912/4403. https://creativecommons.org.
- Suber, P. (2012). "Open access overview."
- Swan, A. and S. Brown (2005). Open access self-archiving: An author study, UK FE and HE funding councils.
- wipo (2014(a)). "what is intellectual property?". from http://www.wipo.int/about-ip/en/.
- Unesco. (2015). Introduction to open access. Published in 2015 by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 7, place de Fontenoy,75352 Paris 07 SP, France .