Document Type : Articles
1 Assistant Prof., Department of Knowledge & Information Science, Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University, Tabriz, Iran.
2 MA, Knowledge & Information Science, Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University, Tabriz, Iran.
The purpose of this study was to investigate the scientific outputs and co-authorship patterns of Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University in the fields of electrical, civil, and mechanical engineering, based on Web of Science (2000-2019). The paper relied on both quantitative and scientometric methods. 1870 and 291 records were retrieved respectively for "Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University" and "the fields of electrical, civil, and mechanical engineering". The questions and assumptions were answered through descriptive and inferential statistics. VOSviewer and SPSS were used respectively for mapping and testing assumptions. The findings showed that the total scientific outputs of electrical engineering in the world, indexed by the Web of Science (2000-2019) were 2,973,902, of which 44,768 records (1.6%) belonged to Iran (rank 16). During the same period, the total civil engineering records was 395,649, of which 11,876 records (3%) belong to Iran (rank 10). In addition, the total scientific outputs of mechanical engineering were 941,586, of which 25,263 records (2.7%) belonged to Iran (rank 12). The findings showed that in Iran Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University in electrical engineering is ranked 36th (2000-2019). The findings showed that Ajami with 43 (17%), Hoveidae with 5 (23%), Gharraei and Mohammadpourfard, each with 10 records (17%), were the top authors in the fields of electrical, civil, and mechanical engineering (2000-2019), respectively. Also, Ajami with 43 (1000 citations), Najafi with 42 (564 citations), Banaei with 41 records (473 citations), and Oskuee with 16 records (305 citations) have high co-authorship densities (37, 31, 22, and 29, respectively). Moreover, there was no meaningful difference between men and women in electrical, civil, and mechanical engineering in scientific outputs (Sig=0.0927). Furthermore, there was a significant difference in scientific outputs among electrical, civil, and mechanical engineering researchers in departments and university ranks.https://dorl.net/dor/20.1001.1.20088302.2022.20.2.11.6
- Abbasiniasar, F., & Ghaffari, S. (2017). Evaluation of scientific outputs of Kashan University based on Scopus database 2012-2016. CJS, 4 (1), 52-60. [In Persian]
- Ahmadi, H., Osareh, F., & Soheili F. (2013). Scientific collaboration, co-authoring networking: a case study, mojtaba shamsipour's co-authorship relationships in chemistry. Rahyaft, 23(54), 81-88. [In Persian]
- Asadi, M., Joulaei, S., Saqafi, S., & Bazrafshan, A. (2014). Scientific collaborations and co-authorship networks in scientific publications of Sharif University of technology during 2005-2010. National Studies on Librarianship and Information Organization, 24(1), 66-186. [In Persian]
- Asadi, M., & Saghafi, S. (2012). A Study of co-authorship among the Iranian researchers in the field of engineering during 1990-2010. Iranian Journal of Engineering Education, 14(55), 111-134. Doi: 10.22047/ijee.2012.2669. [In Persian]
- Bahari, A., & Moody, B. (2020). Analysis of co-authorship network and thematic pattern of the articles in the Journal of Public Management Researches. CJS, 7(1), 16-28. [In Persian]
- Bartol, T., Budimir, G., Dekleva-Smrekar, D., Pusnik, M., & Juznic, P. (2014). Assessment of research fields in Scopus and web of science in the view of national research evaluation in Slovenia. Scientometrics, 98(2), 1491-1504.
- Bigdeli, Z., Khosravipour, B., & Zanganeh, M. (2019). A comparative study on the scientific outputs of agricultural faculty members at State Universities in Khuzestan. CJS, 5(2), 16-24. [In Persian]
- Bland, C., Burce, A., Deborah, A. F., Kelly, R., & Justin, G. (2005). A theoretical, practical, predictive model of faculty and department research productivity. Academic Medicine, 80 (3), 225-237.
- Ebadollah Amouqhin, J., & Ziaei, S. (2017). Analysis of scientific productions on Islamic philosophy in the web of science (WoS) from the year 2007 to 2016. The Journal of Philosophical -Theological Research (JPTR), 19(73), 216-231. [In Persian]
- Ebrahimi, S., & Hayati, Z. (2008). The quantity and quality of knowledge produced in Iranian universities. The Journal of New Thoughts on Education, 4(3), 105-126. [In Persian]
- Erfanmanesh M. (2011). Iran's scientific production in Scopus database during 1999 to 2008. Journal of Library and Information Science Studies, 3(7), 31-54. [In Persian]
- Fahimnia, F., Noroozi, A., Bamir, M. (2016). A study on the relationship between individual and organizational factors and research productivity of the faculty members of Tehran University. Scientometrics Research Journal, 2(4), 15-26. doi: 10.22070/rsci.2016.489. [In Persian]
- Fallah, M., Fahimifar, S., & Chamani, Z. (2016). Study the co-authorship network of Persian scientific research journals in faculty of management of Tehran University. CJS, 3 (2), 48-60. [In Persian]
- Fazelivarzaneh, M., Bahmani, M., & Ghaderiazad, E. (2018). Iranian scientific outputs in the field of energy and fuel, and their comparison with those of the Middle East countries. CJS, 5 (1), 7-18. http://cjs.mubabol.ac.ir/article-1-137-fa.html. [In Persian]
- Ghaffari, S. & Salahshour, G. (2014). A study on the scientific production of Payame Noor University faculty members. Journal of Knowledge & Information Management, 1(1), 20-32. [In Persian]
- Gudarzi, S. (2010). The Relationship between job satisfaction and professors’ scientific productions in Hamedan Payame Noor University. Higher Education Letter, 2(8), 103-126. [In Persian]
- Hayati, Z., & Didgah, F. (2010). A comparative study of propensity of Iranian researchers for collaboration and team work for the period 1998-2007. Iranian Journal of Information Processing and Management, 25 (3), 413-430. http://jipm.irandoc.ac.ir/article-1-880-fa.html. [In Persian]
- Hejazi, Y. & Behravan, j. (2009). Study of the relationship between individual and organizational factors with research productivity of agricultural faculty members in Tehran province. Iranian Agricultural Extension and Education Journal, 5(1), 47-60. [In Persian]
- Heydari, M., & Safavi, Z. (2012). The survey of collaborative coefficient of article authors in journal of research in medical sciences since 2007 to 2011. Research in Medicine, 36 (2), 109-113. [In Persian]
- Hudson, J. (1996). Trends in multi-authored papers in economics. The Journal of Economic Perspectives, 10(3), 153-158.
- Jafari, H. (2015). Citation Analysis and Mapping of Scientific Production Maps of Iranian Nuclear Physics Researchers [Master’s Thesis]. Allameh Tabataba'i University, Faculty of Education and Psychology. [In Persian]
- Khademizadeh, S., & Kamaei, M. (2019). Drawing of science productions' map of Chamran university of Ahvaz with emphasis on national and international cooperation at web of science citation database in 2000-2016. CJS, 26 (3), 7-18 [in Persian]
- King, D. (2004). The science impact of nations: what different countries get for their research spending? Nature International Weekly Journal of Science, 43(15), 311-15. Available at: http://socrates.berkeley.edu/scientific_impact_of_nations.pdf.
- Lee, C. (2003). A scientometrics study of the research performance of the institute of molecular and cell biology in Singapore. Scientometrics, 56(1), 95-110.
- Makizadeh, F., Hazeri, A., Razmjoo, F., & Soheili, F. (2017). A study on scientific output of Iranian nano technology journals and analyses of co– authorship network structure. Rahyaft, 27(65). [In Persian]
- Mardani, A., Najafi, A., & Sharif-Moghadam, H. (2013). Collaboration coefficient of researchers of Tehran University of medical sciences in international publications. JHA, 16 (51), 19-29. [In Persian]
- Mostafavi, I., & Esmaeel Pounaki, E. (2020). Analyzing descriptive and content structure of scientific documents in the field of fisheries sciences and engineering, CJS, 6 (2), 45-56. [In Persian]
- Mousavi Chalak, A., & Riahi, A. (2018). Study of scientific outputs and determined regional and international level of Iran. Iranian Journal of Diabetes and Metabolism, 17(5), 214-224. [In Persian]
- Narimani, H., & Razavi, S. A. (2018). Evaluation of scientific outputs of Mazandaran University in Scopus during 2006- 2016. CJS, 4 (2), 7-13. [In Persian]
- Newman, M. E. (2004). Co-authorship networks and patterns of scientific collaboration. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 101(1), 5200-5205.
- Noorafrooz, A., Vaezi, R., & Ghodrat, S. R. (2016). Scientific publications review of Allameh Tabataba'i University in Scopus database. Knowledge Studies, 2(5), 127-152. [In Persian]
- Noroozi Chakoli, A., & Madadi, Z. (2015). A comparative description of the relation between science production and the technological advances of countries: does the technology advances with the rise of science? Library and Information Science Research Journal, 5(1), 192-204. [In Persian]
- Osadebe, F. O. (1996). An investigative study in educational research productivity and scholarly publications among faculty members in institutions of higher learning [Doctoral dissertation]. Texas Southern University.
- Osareh, F., Serati Shirazi, M., & Khademi, R. (2014). A survey on co-authorship network of Iranian researchers in the field of pharmacy and pharmacology in web of science during 2000-2012. JHA, 17(56), 33-45. [In Persian]
- Osareh, F., Soheili, F., Farajpahlo, A., & Moarefzadeh, A. (2012). A survey on centrality measure in co-authorship networks in information science journals. Library and Information Science Research, 2(2), 181-190. [In Persian]
- Rahimi, M., & Fattahi, R. (2007). Scientific collaboration and information production: a glance at concepts and current models of co-authorship. National Studies on Librarianship and Information Organization, 18(3), 235-248. [In Persian]
- Repanovici, A. (2010). Measuring the visibility of the universities scientific production using scientometrics methods. The 6th WSEAS/IASME International Conference on Educational Technologies; Advanced Educational Technologies.
- Riahiasl, J., & Sharafi. A. (2016). Scientific outputs of the medical sciences faculty members of the Shahed University in Scopus citation database (2000–2011). Scientometrics Research Journal, 1(2), 15-30. [In Persian]
- Riahinia, N., & Emami, M. (2012). Evaluation of the performance of faculty members of Kharazmi University, according to the articles published in the web of science. Information Technology and Communications Educational Sciences, 3(2), 27-46. [In Persian]
- Roshani, S., Ghazinoori, S., & Tabatabaiyan, S. (2013). A co-authorship network analysis of Iranian researchers in technology policy and management. Journal of Science and Technology: Policy Management, 6(2), 1-17. [In Persian]
- Shahbazi, R. (2019). Analysis of scientific outputs and mapping co-authorship network of researchers of Azarbaijan Shahid Madani University. CJS, 6 (1), 36-49. Available at: http://cjs.mubabol.ac.ir/article-1-175-fa.html. [In Persian]
- Shahrabi Farahani, H., Eskrootchi, R., Mohaghegh, N., & Hosseini A. (2014). A study of scientific collaboration in iranian cardiovascular articles in web of science. JHA, 17 (56), 46-55. [In Persian]
- Shekofteh, M., & Hariri, N. (2013). Scientific mapping of medicine in Iran using subject category co-citation and social network analysis. JHA, 16 (51), 43-59. [In Persian]
- Soheili, F., & Mansoori, A. (2014). The analysis of the Iranian chemistry co-authorship network using centrality measure. Journal of Library and Information Science Studies, 6(13), 89-106. [In Persian]
- Soheili, F., Osareh, F., & Farajpahloo, A. (2013). Social network analyses of information science researcher's coauthorship. Iranian Journal of Information Processing and Management, 29(1), 191-210. [In Persian]
- Soheili, F., & Osareh, F. A. (2007). Webometric investigation of visibility and collaboration of Iranian nanotechnology websites. Iranian Journal of Information processing and Management, 22 (4), 1-18. Available at: http://jipm.irandoc.ac.ir/article-1-51-fa.html. [In Persian]
- Tahmasbi, K. (2017). Study and map co-authorship network of researchers in tuberculosis and lung disease research center of Tehran. CJS, 4 (1), 36-44. [In Persian]
- Tavkolizadehravary, M., Hazeri, A., Nagafi, R., & Soheili, F. (2016). A study of one decade of scientific contribution by Iranian researchers to Persian journals. Scientometrics Research Journal, 2(4), 1-16. [In Persian]
- Yaminfirooz, M., Tahmasbi, K., & Amiri, S. (2018). Analysis and visualization of Iranian scientific activities on thalassemia according to scientometric indicators. CJS, 5 (1), 53-67. [In Persian]
- Yaminfirooz, M., Yaminifirouz, M., & Adabi, F. H. (2016). Contribution of Iran in Sport Sciences production in the World, Asia and Middle East. CJS, 3 (2), 30-37. [In Persian]
- Yousefi, A., Gilvari, A., Shahmirzadi, T., Hemmat, M., & Keshavarz. M. (2012). A survey of scientific production of Iranian researchers in the field of immunology in the ISI database. RJMS, 19 (96), 1-11. [In Persian]
- Zakiani, S., Ghaffari, S., & Imandoost E. (2020). Mapping co-authorship network of Iranian researchers in the field of knowledge management, CJS, 6 (2), 7-14. [In Persian]
- Zakiani, S., Ghaffari, S., & Mohseni M. (2019). Evaluating the scientific outputs of information management researchers in WoS. CJS, 6 (1), 60-68. [In Persian]
- Zandian, F., Moradian, A., & Hassanzadeh, M. (2018). Analyzing scientific collaboration among Iranian medical researchers using social network indicators. Scientometrics Research Journal, 5(9), 99-116. [In Persian]