Document Type : Articles
1 Associate Professor in Department of the Knowledge and Information Science, University of Qom, Qom, Iran,
2 M. A in Library and Information Science Department, University of Qom, Qom, Iran,
3 Faculty Member of Library and Information Science Department, University of Qom, Qom, Iran,
This study aims to assess the published books in library and information science in Iran, with 583 books being evaluated using the bibliometric method. In order to review the books of information science and knowledge studies, bibliometrics method was used. The research population was the books published in the information science and knowledge studies during 2006-2016. The total number of books published during these years was 764 books and, for this research, the books that had been reprinted were removed and; finally, the total number of books was 583. The data collection tools were a researcher-made checklist that was approved by the members of the faculty of the information science and knowledge studies department. The findings showed that according to the review of the academic syllabi in 2010 and 2014, most works were published in 2011 and 2015. In addition, 78% of the works were compiled, and 24% were translated. About 55.7% of 476 authors were women, while 44.3% were men. With over ten works, Hamid Mohseni and Rahmatullah Fattahi were the most prolific writers in this field. Besides, 83% of the books had been published in Tehran, and the rest had been published in other cities. Ketabdar & Chapar publication, National Library and Archives of the Islamic Republic of Iran, The Center for Study and Compiling University Books in Humanities, and Payame Noor University were the top 5 publishers in this field. Price surveys showed that the price of the published books was on the rise, reaching the highest level in 2015 and 2016. The three topics of information organization, library and information science, and test books were the most widely published. On the other hand, less attention has been paid to scientometrics, bibliometrics, webometrics, information management, and social networks.https://dorl.net/dor/20.1001.1.20088302.2022.20.2.17.2
- Abdulmajid, A. H. 2008. A Survey of Authored Library & Information Articles Published in Farsi Journals of Humanities Social Science, National Studies on Librarianship and Information Organization, Vol.19,no.3: 55-70. (In Persian)
- Alipoor – Nadushan, Kh. H. Talachi and M. Khoshgam. 2006. A Review on Library Science & Information and Their Agreement with Contents of Approved Head Lines Courses 1978- 2004, Journal of Health Administration, Vol.9,no.25: 13-20. (In Persian)
- Amraei, M. E. Geraei. and S. Siyamaki. 2013. Subject Trend of Persian Publication in Library and Information Science 1994-2008, National Studies on Librarianship and Information Organization, Vol.24, no.3: 78-91. (In Persian)
- Ashrafi Rizi, H. Z. Kazem Pour. and A. Papy. 2010. Investigating the Publication of Publishers of Non – Governmental in the Field of Library and Information Science Between 2001-2008, Library and Information Science, Vol.13,no.2: 295- 318. (In Persian)
- Azarang, A. H. 2001. A few Words Regarding Book Publishing Policies. Tehran: Ketabdar Publisher. (In Persian)
- Babolhavayeji, F. D. Matlabi. N. Hariri. and F. Momeni. 2011. Analyzing Iran's Book Publishing in the Year of 1979- 2008, Library & Information Science Research, Vol.1, no.1: 241- 264. (In Persian)
- Connaway, L. S. R. Powell. 2010. Basic research methods for librarians. 5th ed. England: libraries Unlimited.
- Dayani, M. H. 2010. Published a lot of Books by Young Librarian: A Routine of a Special Phenomenon in Librarianship, Library and Information Science, Vol. 13,no.3: 5-7. (In Persian)
- Fattahi, R. R. Beglu. and S. Akhishik. 2014. An Opinion on the Past, Current and Future of the Library & Information Science in Iran: A Look at the Formation of the Achievements and Challenges of the Development of Information. Shiraz, Regional Information Center for Science & Technology; Parsi Letter. (In Persian)
- Ghalenowy, Azar. 2012. Reviewing the Status of Publishing Distributing & Selling Books in Mashhad between 2001- 2011. M. S Thesis in Publish Management, Imam Reza University, Mashhad.
- Hassanzadeh, M. F. Zandiyan. and F. Navidi. 2014. Compatibility Issues Between Book Published & Undergraduate Library & Information Science education in Iran, Knowledge and Information Management, 1 (1), 33-45 (In Persian) of Psychology and Educational Science, Vol.32, no. 1: 43-77.
- Hertzel, D. H. 1987. Bibliometrics, History of the development ideas in Encyclopedia of the library and information science.
- Horri, A. 2002. The Study of the Degree of Correlation between Thesis and Article in Library and Information Science. Journal of Psychology & Education Science, Vol.32, no. 1: 43-77.
- Javan Bakhat, M. M. Yaghtin. 2010. An Overview of the Interdisciplinary of Published Books in the Field of Library and Information from 1991-2008. The Interdisciplinary Studies in Library and Information Science Present Situation and Ideal Perspective. Compiler Narges Neshat, Mohammad Javad Ashtari & Parisa Pasyar. Tehran: Ketabdar Publisher, 79-92. (In Persian).
- Katoziyan, A. 1995. Reviewing the Status of Persian Literature of Library & Information Science from February 1972 to 1993, M. S Thesis in Library & Information Science, Tehran: Islamic Azad University, North Tehran Branch. (In Persian)
- Moied Far, S. A. Shahlibar. S. Allameh. M. Shahbazi. and N. Birahary. 2018. Evaluating the Production Process of Books in Iran, During the Third to Fifth Years of Development, It’s Economic and Social and Cultural Implication. Tehran: Book House of Iran. (In Persian)
- Onyancha, Omwoyo Bosire. 2018. Forty – Five Years of LIS Research Evolution, 1971- 2015: An Informetrics Study of the Author – Supplied Keywords. Publishing Research Quarterly, http://doi.org/10.1007/s12109-018-9590-3
- Patel, O. R. 1991. Bibliometrics, Citation study, Selective Dissemination of information (SDI) Service Using Sci, CD – Rom. Journal of Library and Information Science, Vol.16, no. 2: 113- 128.
- Riggs, D. E. 1994. What librarian is seeking in the professional literature? Library Hi Tech, Vol.12, no. 4: 5.
- Salek M. A. S. Bozorghi. 2010. Content Analysis of Published Article in Faslname-ye Ketab & Library & Information Science Quarterlies in 2006- 2007, Journal of Knowledge Studies, Vol. 3, no.3: 25-40. (In Persian)
- Sylvia, M. M. Lasher. 1995. What Journals do Psychology Graduate Student Need? A Citation Analysis of Thesis Reference. College & Research Library, vol.56, no.: 4, 313-318
- Yang, Eric .2004. The book publishers trade in South Korea. Publishing Research Quarterly, Vol. 19, no. 4: p. 37-44.
- Yiting, Chu. 2017. Twenty of Social Studies Textbook Content Analysis: Still Decidedly Disappointing? The Social Studies, Doi: 10.1080/00377996.2017.1360240.