Document Type : Articles
Semnan University, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Science.
Medical Student, Qazvin University of Medical Sciences, Qazvin
Authors’ collaboration in producing scientific articles is a common relation between scientific people in which article production is easily shared between collaborators. This article determines the authors’ collaboration in The Journal of Advanced Periodontology & Implant Dentistry (JAPID) for 2009 to 2020. The Scientometric method was used in this research. The researchers from the journal website downloaded all published papers at JAPID from the first issue until 2020. The collected data were entered into an Excel software spreadsheet, and author’s collaboration coefficient was computed. A total of 376 articles by 1076 people were published in JAPID until this research. The average number of authors per article was 2.9. According to affiliation, the first rank belongs to Iranian researchers by publishing 372 articles in JAPID, and India with 23 articles was on the second place in publishing articles in JAPID. Results also showed that only 103 articles had a single author, and 61 articles had 5 authors and more (from 376 articles). The average collaboration coefficient amongst authors of JAPID is 0.7, which is considered acceptable and relatively suitable.https://dorl.net/dor/20.1001.1.20088302.2022.20.2.5.0
- Ajiferuke, I., Burell, Q. & Tague, J. (1988). Collaborative coefficient: a single measure of the degree of collaboration in research. Scientometrics. 14, 5-6.
- Erfanmanesh, M., & Hosseini, E. (2014). 10 Years of the International Journal of Information Science and Management: A Scientometric and Social Network Analysis Study. International Journal Of Information Science And Management (IJISM), 13(1). Retrieved from https://ijism.ricest.ac.ir/index.php/ijism/article/view/259/235
- Fatemi, A., Hosseinpour, S., Zarei, N. (2013). The Calculation of Collaboration Coefficient in Academic Departments of Kurdistan University and the Study of Relevant Factors with It. Educational Measurement and Evaluation Studies., 3(3), 57-69.
- Fazeli-Varzaneh, M., Ghaderi-Azad, E., & Elango, B. (2020). Middle East Countries’ Contribution to Global Engineering Research: A Bibliometric Analysis. International Journal Of Information Science And Management (IJISM), 19(1), 1-13. Retrieved from https://ijism.ricest.ac.ir/index.php/ijism/article/view/1675/411
- Gaud, N., Singh, M.P., & Singh, B. (2019) Authorship Pattern and Collaboration Coefficient of Library Professional's Competency on Research Publications during 1999-2018: A Scientometric Analysis. Indian Journal of Information Sources and Services. 9(1), 85-89.
- Ghane, M., & Mozafari, L. (2020). A Study of the Subject of Public Libraries in Web of Science and Islamic World Science Citation Center. International Journal Of Information Science And Management (IJISM), 18(1), 35-48. Retrieved from https://ijism.ricest.ac.ir/index.php/ijism/article/view/1594/379
- Heidari, M., Safavi, Z. (2013). The Survey of Collaborative Coefficient of Article Authors in "Iranian Journal of Pathology" Since 2006 to 2012. Iranian Journal of Pathology. 8(3), 165-170.
- Jeyasekar JJ, Saravanan P. (2015). Impact of collaboration on Indian forensic science research: A scientometric mapping from 1975 to 2012. J Sci Res. 4:135-42.
- Kanekar,B. V., Azeeza, S. E. (2018). Authorship pattern and Collaborative Research in Rain Water Harvesting. Journal of Advances in Library and Information Science. VII (1), 72-76. Available via: http://jalis.in/pdf/7-1/Vaishali.pdf.
- Marefat, R., Makvande Hoseini, S., Abdulmajid, A. & Salimi, S. (2013). A Survey on Collaboration Rate of Authors in Producing Scientific Papers in Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology during 2002-2010, IJPCP.,18 (4),293-298.
- Marefat, R., Saberi, M., Abdolmajid, A. & Zoodranj, M. (2012). A survey on collaboration rate of authors in presenting scientific papers in Koomesh journal during 1999-2010, Koomesh. 13 (3), 279-286. Available online via: http://koomeshjournal.semums.ac.ir/article-1-1292-en.pdf.
- Marefat, R., Saberi, M. & Azodi, M. A. (2015). Research on the Productivity and Collaboration of Authors in the Journals of Islamic Law and Jourisprudence in Recent Five Years, JSSLJ.6 (11), 257-270.
- Marefat, R., sherkatolabasieh, M. (2019). Collaboration rate of authors in producing scientific papers in The International Journal of Nonlinear Analysis and Applications (IJNAA) during 2010 -2018. International Journal of Nonlinear Analysis and Applications,10(2), 275-280. doi: 10.22075/ijnaa.2019.18319.2008. available online via: https://ijnaa.semnan.ac.ir/article_4218.html.
- Mooghali, A., Alijani, R., Karami, N., & Khasseh, A. (2012). Scientometric Analysis of the Scientometric Literature. International Journal Of Information Science And Management (IJISM), 9(1), 19-31. Retrieved from https://ijism.ricest.ac.ir/index.php/ijism/article/view/89/80
- Negahban, M., Soltaninejad, A., & Naghdinejad, A. (2020). A Study of Iranian Scientific Productions on Patenting and its Comparison with those of Scientifically Advanced Countries. International Journal Of Information Science And Management (IJISM), 19(1), 45-58. Retrieved from https://ijism.ricest.ac.ir/index.php/ijism/article/view/1941/419
- Rajput, Dr. P. S.; Teli, N. K.; & Chaparwal, N. (2020). Visualization of authorship pattern and research collaborative measures in defense science journal: a scientometric study. Library Philosophy and Practice (e-journal). 4323. https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/4323.
- Saberi M K, Sahebi S, Zerehsaz M. (2020). Visualization of the Koomesh journal between 2006 and 2017: A bibliometric study. Koomesh. 22 (1) :1-9, URL: http://koomeshjournal.semums.ac.ir/article-1-5393-en.html
- Verma, M. K., Shukla, R., & Yadav, S. K. (2019). Authorship Pattern and Collaboration Coefficient of the Researchers World: Journal of Arts, Science and Commerce (RW-JASC) During 2010-2017. International Journal of Information Dissemination and Technology. 9(2), 61-65.