Document Type : Articles
Assam Don Bosco University
The digital library has gained significant importance in recent years as it provides a more suitable solution to access the knowledge or resources available anywhere and at any time. National Digital Library of India (NDLI) is a digital platform that provides access to substantial digital storage of resources and encourages and inspires learning among the nation's people. This study aimed to analyze the awareness of the National Digital Library of India (NDLI) among the students, teachers and research scholars of India and tried to assess its utilization and backdrops for further improvement. The empirical study was conducted in India, and the primary data were collected using Google Forms. Snowball sampling was used to collect data from 384 respondents, including students, research scholars and teachers. The study detected that the overall level of awareness of NDLI was low (39.3%) among the different groups, and students had the lowest (50.2%) level of awareness among other groups of respondents comparatively. A strong association was seen to exist between educational qualification and respondents’ level of awareness. Apart from these, the users found the NDLI app useful; 54% of respondents were able to access the required content using the app and 71% of the users rated ‘good’ the app's performance.https://dorl.net/dor/20.1001.1.20088302.2022.20.4.13.2
- Bashir, B. , Nasreen, N., & Loan, A. F.(2019). National Digital Library of India: An Overview. Library Philosophy and Practice.Retrieved March 14, 2021, from https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/libphilprac/2601
- Bhat, I.M. (2017). Development of Digital Libraries in India: A Survey of Digital Collection of NDLI. Journal of Library and Information Science,7 (2), 219-230.
- Darandale, G.A. (2017). SWOT Analysis of National Digital Library of India. The Criterion: An International Journal in English, 8 (VII),1-9.
- Fox, E. A., & Marchionini, G. (1998). Towads a worldwide digital library. Communication of the ACM, 41(4), 29-32.
- Gangwani, S., &Alhaif, A. M. (2020). The awareness and use of Saudi digital library among the faculty members of various college libraries in KSA. Journal of Management Information and Decision Sciences, 23(1), 409-417.
- Joshi, N. M., & Gondalia, J. P. (2015). Awareness and Use Of UGC-Infonet Digital Library consortium E-resources in Universities of Gujarat State. An electronic survey. International Journal of Library and Information Studies, 5(2), 32-41.
- Kaur, K., & Kathuria, K. (2016). Awareness and Use of E-resources: A Case Study of Mohinder Singh Randhawa, Punjab Agricultural University Library, Ludhiana. Journal of Library & Information Technology, 36(6), 396-404. http://dx.doi.org/10.14429/djlit.36.6.9640
- More, S. (2019). Awareness and Use of the Digital Resources: A Case Study of Chetana’s H. S. College of Com. and Eco. Mumbai. International e-Journal of Library Science, 7(1), 44-50.
- Mughal, Y.H. (2018, November 2). Divide variables into Low, Avg and high levels. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asr4KjQEl5s
- Rosenberg, D. (2006). Towards the digital library in Africa. The Electronic Library, 24(3), 289-293. http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02640470610671150
- Saracevic, T. (2000). Digital Library Evaluation: Toward an Evolution of Concepts. Library Trends, 49(3), 350-369.
- Seadle, M., &Greifeneder, E. (2007). Defining a Digital Library. Library Hi Tech,25 (2), 169 – 173.
- Singh, R. (2017). Awareness and Usage of Digital Resources Available at Cyber Library, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi: A Case Study.Journal of Information Management, 4(2), 25-35.
- Thanuskodi, S. (2012). Awareness and Usage of UGC-Infonet Digital Library Consortium among Faculty Members of State Universities in Tamil Nadu: A Survey. International Journal of Information Science, 2(3), 13-18. http://dx.doi.org/10.5923/j.ijis.20120203.02
- Tyagi, S. (2011). Use and Awareness of Electronic Information Sources at IIT Roorkee, India: A Case Study. Italian Journal of Library and Information Science, 2(1), 1-22. http://dx.doi.org/10.4403/jlis.it-4586