Document Type : Articles
Assistant Professor, Policy Evaluation and Science, Technology and Innovation Monitoring Department, National Research Institute for Science Policy (NRISP), Tehran, Iran.
Ph.D., Medical librarian and Information Sciences Expert, Department of Scientific Publications and Information Development Center (SPIDC), Vice Chancellery for Research & Technology, Iran Ministry of Health and Medical Education,Tehran, Iran.
This study aims to analyze the multidimensional scientific collaborations of Iranian researchers in Blockchain technology. For this purpose, the published scientific documents related to Blockchain in international journals were retrieved from two citation databases, Scopus of Elsevier and Web of Science of Clarivate, and used with ScientoPy v2.1.0 bibliography software to integrate and visualize the data with VOSviewer software. We searched databases without limiting the date until September 29, 2021. Researchers in this field indexed 158 records during five years in citation databases and found that the collaboration index equals 3.91. This study depicted Iranian researchers' cooperation patterns in the Blockchain field. The 149 national and international organizations in 43 countries collaborated to publish articles in the Blockchain area with Iranian researchers. The impact of co-authorship with citations rate was analyzed to increase the flow of knowledge between researchers in this field. There was a weak, positive correlation between the two variables, r = .209, N = 152; however, the relationship was significant (p = .010). The number of researchers appears to be associated with the rate of citation. With the results of this study, policy recommendations can be provided for managers and decision-makers in science and technology. The potential benefits of Blockchain technology activists can be used to develop national interests by determining the existing conditions for cooperation between Iranian researchers.
- Adams, J. D., Black, G. C., Clemmons, J. R. & Stephan, P. E. (2005). Scientific teams and institutional collaborations: Evidence from US universities, 1981–1999. Research Policy, 34(3), 259-285. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2005.01.014
- Adams, J., Pendlebury, D., Potter, R. & Szomszor, M. (2019). Global research report multi-authorship and research analytics. ISI Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved from https://clarivate.com/webofsciencegroup/campaigns/global-research-report-multi-authorship-and-research-analysis/
- Bashokoh, A, Ekrami, M, Soheili, F. & Karimi, A. (2019). Vituvalizing social networking and studying the relationship between centralized measures with scientific productivity and the effectiveness of distance education researchers. Journal of Teaching Research, 7(1), 65-86. https://doi.org/10.34785/J012.2019.185 and https://dorl.net/dor/20.1001.1.24765686.13184.108.40.206.2 [in Persian]
- Casino, F., Dasaklis, T. K. & Patsakis, C. (2019). A systematic literature review of blockchain-based applications: Current status, classification and open issues. Telematics and informatics, 36, 55-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2018.11.006
- Corbet, S., Lucey, B., Urquhart, A., & Yarovaya, L. (2019). Cryptocurrencies as a financial asset: A systematic analysis. International Review of Financial Analysis, 62, 182-199. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.irfa.2018.09.003
- Dabbagh, M., Kakavand, M. & Tahir, M. (2020). Towards integration of blockchain and IoT: A bibliometric analysis of state-of-the-Art. In Blockchain and Applications: International Congress(pp. 27-35). Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-23813-1_4
- Dhawan, S. M., & Gupta, B. M. (2020). Blockchain research a scientometric assessment of global literature during 2010 to 2018. DESIDOC Journal of Library & Information Technology, 40(1), 397-405. https://doi.org/10.14429/djlit.40.01.14721
- Ebrahimy, S., Dehghan, M. & Jowkar, A. (2017). Evaluation the predictive indicators of scientific impact to increase the citations of articles in scientific journals. Iranian Journal of Information processing and Management, 32(3), 661-694. [In Persian]
- Erfanmanesh, M.A. (2017). The impact of international research collaboration on the quality of scholarly output of Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Journal of Health Administration, 20(69), 42-56. [In Persian].
- Ferrell, O. C. & Ferrell, L. (2020). Technology challenges and opportunities facing marketing education. Marketing Education Review, 30(1), 3-14.1080/10528008.2020.1718510
- Gazni, A., Sugimoto, C. R. & Didegah, F. (2012). Mapping world scientific collaboration: Authors, institutions, and countries. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 63(2), 323-335. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.21688
- Hassanzadeh, M., Khodadust, R. & Zandian, F. (2012). Analysis of co-authorship indicators, betweenness centrality and structural holes of the Iranian nanotechnology researchers in science citation index (1991-2011). Iranian Journal of Information Processing and Management, 28(1), 223-249. [In Persian]
- Hasselgren, A., Kralevska, K., Gligoroski, D., Pedersen, S. A. & Faxvaag, A. (2020). Blockchain in healthcare and health sciences-A scoping review. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 134, 104040. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmedinf.2019.104040
- Jirgensons, M. & Kapenieks, J. (2018). Blockchain and the future of digital learning credential assessment and management. Journal of Teacher Education for Sustainability, 20(1), 145-156. https://doi.org/10.2478/jtes-2018-0009
- Keshtkar, A. A., Djalalinia, S. H., Khashayar, P., Peykari, N., Mohammdi, Z. & Larijani, B. (2013). Iranian health research networks and vision of iran by 2025: A case of virtual health network in EMRI. Iranian Journal of Public Health, 42 (Supple1), 78-83. Retrieved from https://ijph.tums.ac.ir/index.php/ijph/article/view/4692/4335
- Nakamoto, S. (2008). Bitcoin: A peer-to-peer electronic cash system. Decentralized Business Review, 21260. Retrieved from https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
- National Library of Medicine (2021). Number of Authors per MEDLINE®/PubMed® Citation. Retrieved from https://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/authors1.html
- Nikkar, M. & Barahmand, N. (2014). Study of international scientific collaboration among shiraz university of medical sciences faculty members during 2005-2011 in web of science.Health Information Management, 11(4), 454-463. Retrieved from https://him.mui.ac.ir/article_11322_a500a11114489a89d61c1929f1a6e254.pdf [In Persian]
- Osareh, F. & Wilson, C. S. (2000). A comparison of Iranian scientific publications in the Science Citation Index: 1985-1989 and 1990-1994. Scientometrics, 48(3), 427-442. https://doi.org/10.1023/a:1005648723433
- Ramezani-Pakpour-Langeroudi, F., Okhovati, M. & Talebian, A. (2018). Do highly cited clinicians get more citations when being present at social networking sites?. Journal of education and health promotion, 7, https://doi.org/10.4103/jehp.jehp_69_17
- Ramezani-Pakpour-Langeroudi, F., Okhovati, M., Esmaeilpour-Bandboni, M., & Ramezani, A. (2019). Status of the scientific output of researchers in the field of "Quran and Health" in ResearchGate. Qur̓ān va ṭib (Quran and Medicine), 3(4), 183-188. Retrieved from file:///C:/Users/Reza/Downloads/qur-n-va-i-v3n4p183-fa-1.pdf [In Persian]
- Ruiz-Rosero, J., Ramírez-González, G. & Viveros-Delgado, J. (2019). Software survey: ScientoPy, a scientometric tool for topics trend analysis in scientific publications. Scientometrics, 121(2), 1165-1188. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-019-03213-w
- Ruiz-Rosero, J., Ramirez-Gonzalez, G., Williams, J. M., Liu, H., Khanna, R. & Pisharody, G. (2017). Internet of things: A scientometric review. Symmetry, 9(12), 301. https://doi.org/10.3390/sym9120301
- Shahmoradi, L., Ramezani, A., Atlasi, R., Namazi, N. & Larijani, B. (2021). Visualization of knowledge flow in interpersonal scientific collaboration network endocrinology and metabolism research institute. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders, 20(1), 815-823. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40200-020-00644-8
- Surendran, K., Benny, L. & Mahesh, A. S. (2020). Student academic management system using blockchain technology. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems,12, 1410-1415. https://doi.org/10.5373/jardcs/v12sp3/20201392
- Thelwall, M. & Maflahi, N. (2020). Academic collaboration rates and citation associations vary substantially between countries and fields. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 71(8), 968-978. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.24315