International Journal of Information Science and Management (IJISM) is established to meet the goals of the Regional Information Center for Science and Technology (RICeST). RICeST has various scientific information service units as well as research and educational departments that attempt to operationalize the objectives of RICeST and implement its plans according to defined policies.
Founded in 2003, IJISM aims to support the community under the auspices of RICeST including faculty members, researchers, experts, and students, to promote the scientific discoveries/experiments/theories and, to extend the boundaries of knowledge and information studies as a whole. IJISM is published quarterly by RICeST. The first issue of the publication is in January and the last one in October of each year.
The goals of RICeST are very clear and mainly related to information organization and retrieval. Since the establishment of RICeST and IJISM, the concepts associated with these two areas have been changed, and revolutionized, so that different approaches have emerged with new themes. Hence, IJISM aims to pull together cutting-edge researches in the dissemination of scientific findings.
IJISM is the first and only English-language journal of the Islamic Republic of Iran in the field of Knowledge and Information Science (Library and information Science).
We are particularly interested in receiving submissions that address (but is not limited to) the following topics in the cultivation of scientific ideas and researches:
1. Information management with emphasis on modern data processing methods for the production of information, knowledge and digital products
2. The scientific information services industry including data processing and information technologies for the production, management and dissemination of information
3. Natural Language Processing (Computational Linguistics)
4. Knowledge management (systematic management of knowledge assets in libraries and scientific information institutions through creating, sharing, using and managing knowledge and information)
5. Information literacy (identifying, evaluating and effectively utilizing the information required)
6. Control and security of scientific information systems
7. Website information architecture
8. Philosophy of Information Science
9. Communication and Information
10. Applications of artificial intelligence (AI) and Blockchain in libraries and scientific information systems
With the establishment of the Islamic World Science Citation Center (ISC) supported by RICeST in 2006, additional aims were set for IJISM around the following topics:
1. Scientometrics studies
2. Bibliometrics analysis
3. Sociology of Science
4. Science, Technology and Innovation policy making
5. Application of scientific methods in the study of science (Metascience).
6. World University Rankings
7. Webometrics studies
8. Social media
It is the responsibility of the Editor-in-Chief and the Editorial Board to review and submit articles to the referees and then prepare them for publication. All articles submitted to IJISM office for publication generally undergo a double blind peer-reviewed process. After receiving the final approval of the referees, who are distinguished subject specialists and research professors from universities and institutions, the editor sends a letter of acceptance to the corresponding author.
Prof. Jafar Mehrad